Congratulations and welcome home to my lovely client Nancy, and…
Spring is officially here and the peak of the real estate market is quickly approaching. If you are considering to sell your house this year, now is the time to begin marking these few items off your checklist!
1. Spruce up the landscaping. A potential buyer for your home makes a judgement about your house before they even walk in the door. This may sound simple, but mow the lawn, take down that ugly bush, clean your driveway, create a clear eye-catching pathway to your front door with pavers, or line it with flowers. Make the right first impression!
Photo courtesy of Zillow digs.
2. Add shutters. Zillow.com suggests: “An easy way to accentuate the size of your windows is to add shutters. Not only does it make your windows look larger, but it adds visual interest by disrupting a bland exterior wall. Choose a color that contrasts with the color of your home to make it pop for maximum curb appeal.” Another tip they suggested is to add a pop of color to your front door with a fresh coat of paint and you can take it a step further by power washing your siding.
3. Get a Number! Another super easy way to sharpen your exterior is to replace your house numbers. Home Depot has a wide variety of size and fonts for the exterior house numbers, as well as an option to customize it with your street name. Not only will this make it easy for people to identify your house, it shows buyers that you invested in the little things proving how well you have cared for your home. If your house number is on your mailbox, consider replacing that too if it’s in rough shape.
4. Put away the “trash.” If you have garbage pickup and recycling pickup, make sure you put your trash/recycling bins in the garage, or behind your house. You don’t want the overloaded bin at the end of the driveway or in front of the garage to give the first impression.
Photo by Nickel Designs.
5. Add a “Welcome” mat. Give a warm greeting to your potential buyers with a welcoming mat at the front door. Not only does it add a nice touch, it also encourages them to wipe their feet before entering! Here are a couple of my favorite welcome mats from Pottery Barn and this Etsy shop.
Do you want to know how much your house is worth? Send me an email or a text and I’d be happy to give you a free home evaluation if you live in the Albany New York area. Visit www.MaggieFromm.com for my contact information.
Oh, and by the way, I am never too busy for any of your referrals.